About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Determination, Real, Efforts, and Abilities, Means Success! D.R.E.A.M.S

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

“Mr. Baseball” in Milwaukee



In the world of sports one of the highest honors one can get is a statue. In baseball Milwaukee, believe it or not, has one of the richest histories.  Until the most recent years my home team, Milwaukee Brewers, might not have been in conversations with playoffs or World Series year after year.  But one thing for sure, that has been a consistent is the voice of the Milwaukee Brewers. BobUecker! Mr. Baseball himself.

Other Brewers icons like Henry Aaron, Bud Selig, and Robin Yount all have been immortalized with a statue of their very own outside Miller Park.  Mr. Uecker has brought a unique style and a witty sense of humor for 41-years while delivering the game of baseball to the ears of Brewers fans around the world.  Some might think its long overdue for him to land a statue, but it’s here now, alone side those others Brewers icons. 

Mr. Uecker took his act to late night television.  He had countless appearances on Johnny Carson “The Tonight Show” talking baseball, mostly joking about his career. By the way his career batting average of .200 is nothing to preach about. This statue is for what he did for the culture of baseball in Milwaukee, not for his playing days.

I know most would ask can someone who sits and brings America’s favorite past-time to life get such an honor.  I look to my 90 year old grandmother who has followed the Brewers as long as I can recall.  She once said “I’m a Baseball fan, I’m a Brewer fan first, and that Uecker is something special we’re lucky to have him”.

It’s Uecker who has me saying “Get up! Get up! Get Outta here! Gone!” every time I see a homerun in any ball park. This has me thinking how awesome would it be to hear Mr. Baseball call MLB All-Star home run derby.

Until next time live out your DREAMS with some Determination, put forth Real Efforts and given your Abilities; Mean you will have Success.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment