About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Determination, Real, Efforts, and Abilities, Means Success! D.R.E.A.M.S

Monday, April 23, 2012

The People's Elbow NBA style...

Brutal! Extreme! Unwarranted! and distasteful. Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) gave Oklahoma City Thunder’s James Harden an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) elbow to the head after a dunk and began to celebrate. Take a look at the video for yourself and determine if the celebration, was a really a celebration.



So after watching the video one can only wonder how many games World Peace will be suspended for an elbow like that. My guess would be at least 5 games, which will end his regular season and a game or two in the Lakers first round of the playoffs. 

Here is what World Peace had to say when asked about the elbow... 

“On that play, I just dunked on Durant and Ibaka, and I got really emotional, really excited. And it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with unintentional elbow.  I hope he’s OK. The Thunder, they’re playing for a championship this year. So I really hope he’s OK, and I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden. Such a great game, and it was unfortunate so much emotion was going on at that time”
  
World Peace history doesn’t favor him in a situation like this when it comes to physical interaction I know you recall the “Brawl in the Palace”.  I relate this elbow to the “The Punch” that change Rudy Tomjanovich face by Kermit Washington. After a slow start to the season with the lock-out, then Jeremy Lin was the story, and now it will be World Peace’s elbow. I really hope that the Playoffs give us a new story line!

      

Until next time live out your DREAMS with some Determination, put forth Real Efforts and given your Abilities; Mean you will have Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment