About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Determination, Real, Efforts, and Abilities, Means Success! D.R.E.A.M.S

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Magic-Bird together once again…on Broadway!


Someone FINALLY wrote a play to portray the revivals of Magic-Bird. Like in the 80’s all-over again, I can remember sitting in front of my television on a Sunday afternoon with my mother in the kitchen cooking up Sunday dinner, and my father telling me turn to NBC the NBA Finals are on. There will never be two NBA players that will be joined together like Magic-Bird. They both had such a high - streak for playing the game and would not stop until the clock read zero! As a youngster I thought it was really interesting how there were 10 players on the court but Magic - Bird were the two relevant ones battling for the win.

If you know anything about basketball those two (Magic-Bird) elevated professional basketball to newer heights and the NBA is blessed to have them. As a sport fan I’m blessed I was able to watch their every battle starting in the 1979 NCAA championship game.

Their careers will be played out on stage at the Longacre Theater in New York. Yes! Broadway. Together they have eight NBA titles, six MVP awards, and I can’t forget their three classic NBA Finals matchups. Talk about 'ole school they weren't too cool for those ‘short shorts’ they were more focused on winning and playing the game they enjoyed.

The play will go-down memory lane, there will be a key person (Georgia Bird, Bird's mother) in the play that brought the two of them together to strength their friendship. Check out the preview below. Even off the court Magic & Bird will make history on Broadway.  During Magic vs. Bird era whose side were you on, Lakers-Celtics, why? 

Until next time live out your DREAMS with some Determination, put forth Real Efforts and given your Abilities; Mean you will have Success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment