About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Determination, Real, Efforts, and Abilities, Means Success! D.R.E.A.M.S

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympics Stars

Gold.
Gabby Douglas. Michael Phelps. Missy Franklin has brought me more reason to cheer for the USA in these 2012 Olympics games then years prior.  The anticipation of seeing their greatness was my carrot.  Not even the USA Men’s Basketball team with Kobe, Lebron, and Melo was enough to get my attention to follow the Olympics, more on them later.  I love when the Olympics Games roll around every four years.  It reintroduces the world to sports that most wouldn’t regularly watch.  The games bring the best storylines and dreams for a life time.
Sliver.
Another part of the Olympics excitement is the track and field events.  They are filled with stunning athletes, but my eyes and yours too will be on one runner Usain Bolt. Bolt repeating as the 100m gold medal winner was a daunting task, which he did, in doing so he broke his own World Record.  Breaking the World Record with a time of 9.63seconds Bolt has truly become the face, fastest, and flamboyant personality of the Olympics games. 

Bronze.
Now back to the USA Men’s Basketball team and their quest for gold.  I love watching the best of what the NBA has to offer on one team.  My desire is that the NBA All-Star game would take on an Olympic feel.  Where the fans vote for 10 USA born players and have them go up against 10 Foreign NBA players. Sorry, I digress.  Much was made of this Olympic team, and how they would fair against the Original Dream Team with Bird, Magic, and Jordan.  My thoughts on who would win this Dream game which has been the talk of these Olympic Games, rightly so, because clearly I know Kobe, Lebron, and Melo will win the gold.


My take on this Dream game…
Athleticism- goes to Kobe, Lebron and Melo
Skill- goes to Bird, Magic and Jordan 
Intangible- goes Kobe, Lebron and Melo. 
Coaching- I must go with Chuck Daly and his coaching staff. So who would be my winner in a single game with Olympics format is…to be continue let the great debate live on.

Until next time live out your DREAMS with some Determination, put forth Real Efforts and given your Abilities; Mean you will have Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment