About Me

My photo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Determination, Real, Efforts, and Abilities, Means Success! D.R.E.A.M.S

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Pursuit for #6



The pursuit for six has it gone to far? Or is it more appropriate to ask is the pursuit to be like Mike too extreme? Kobe Bryant is the ultimate competitor and I’m sure the past few years the way he and the Lakers exited the playoffs don’t sit well with him.

In his last ditch effort to save the Lakers season, Kobe dropped 42 points, against Kevin Durant and Thunder. Granted it wasn’t enough but tell me the last time someone with the mileage he has put in, did that outside Jordan himself?

Like that line in Gladiators which was used by Jay-Z in his song “What more can I say”
“Are you not entertained, are you not entertained, is this not why you’re here” Kobe is a pure entertainer.  Finishing his 16th season and handing out numbers (27.9 points-per-game) like he does isn’t suppose to happen according to past NBA legends who try to accomplish what he has.

Just think back to his first playoff performance against Utah Jazz when Kobe, only a kid, shot two air-balls in the final minutes of the game. How many current NBA players could come back from something like that? Or even take the shot!

What current player has an ambition to be great like him? My other question is has his legacy been tainted by his most recent early playoff exits?

Kobe hasn’t had too many major struggles to overcome a team like Jordon did with the Pistons or another player like Magic had Bird. So for me to see him not in the NBA Finals, or even the Western Conference Finals, is still surprising and Laker’s fans might have to get comfortable with if front office doesn’t make changes soon!

I must let you in on a little secret. I wasn’t a fan of Kobe in his early years. Yep, I said it! I thought he was talented enough to be his own person and tried too hard to me like Jordan. Now that I’m much wiser I understand why. I’m sure there is some little kid, maybe my son, who is in the backyard or local playground trying to perfect Kobe’s moves the same way Kobe perfected Jordan’s moves.

Without question Kobe Bryant will go down as one of the Los Angeles Lakers greats, next to Magic, Kareem, Jerry “the logo” West, and Shaq. Until next time live out your DREAMS with some Determination, put forth Real Efforts and given your Abilities; Mean you will have Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment